Positive reinforcement for pups & their people
I have a Biology degree from the University of Notre Dame, and I planned to become a veterinarian.
But once I began working with animals, I preferred the role of a caretaker and became a California Registered Veterinary Technician. I worked in this field for 20 years.
In 2015 I decided to pursue my passion to strengthen the human animal bond through dog training.
I am a dog trainer for the SF SPCA Behavior & Training department.
I teach Puppy Manners 1 & 2, Adolescent Manners, Adult Manners & Recall. I also am a Canine Good Citizen Evaluator.
I volunteer at Pets are Wonderful Support, by giving behavioral training & advice to clients and staff.
I started empawthy in 2016, so I could help people see the potential in their dogs and develop their connection & understanding.
- CPDT-KA~ Certified Professional Dog Trainer, Knowledge Assessed
- CTBC- Certificate in Behavior & Training Consultation from the Dog Training Internship Academy
- Completion of the Karen Pryor Dog Professional Program
- Certified AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator
- My training style is strongly influenced by the seminars I attended with internationally recognized dog trainers, Amy Cook, Kay Laurence, Ken Ramirez, Turid Rugaas & Pat Miller; as well as Dr. Susan Friedman's Professional Course, Living & Learning with Animals.
I spent 1.5 years working for the SF Puppy Prep Dayschool, where I had the amazing opportunity to help train and socialize 250 puppies and meet countless more at puppy socials & classes.
I also worked in the SF SPCA Animal Assisted Therapy department for 2.5 years. I took therapy dogs to help people with mental health concerns thru the MESCAAT program- Mastery, Empathy & Social Consciousness through Animal Assisted Therapy. They strive to improve well being & instill compassion through positive reinforcement training. I ran programs at Edgewood & the VA.