Positive reinforcement for pups & their people
I have a Biology degree from the University of Notre Dame, and I planned to become a veterinarian.
Once I began working with animals, I preferred the role of a caretaker and became a California Registered Veterinary Technician. I worked in this field for 20 years.
In 2015 I decided to pursue my passion to strengthen the human animal bond through dog training. My goal is to help people see the potential in their dogs and develop their connection & understanding.
I volunteer at Pets are Wonderful Support, by giving behavioral training & advice to clients and staff.
- CPDT-KA~ Certified Professional Dog Trainer, Knowledge Assessed
- CTBC- Certificate in Behavior & Training Consultation from the Dog Training Internship Academy
- Completion of the Karen Pryor Dog Professional Program
- Certified AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator
- My training style is strongly influenced by the seminars I attended with internationally recognized dog trainers, Amy Cook, Kay Laurence, Ken Ramirez, Turid Rugaas & Pat Miller; as well as Dr. Susan Friedman's Professional Course, Living & Learning with Animals.
I started out at the SF Puppy Prep Dayschool.
I taught Puppy Manners 1 & 2, Adolescent Manners, Adult Manners & Recall for the SF SPCA Behavior & Training department.
I also worked in the SF SPCA Animal Assisted Therapy department.
I took therapy dogs to help people with mental health concerns thru the MESCAAT program- Mastery, Empathy & Social Consciousness through Animal Assisted Therapy.